5.12.12

Bordeaux wine tasting

Again! I come back for wines!
Been to Bordeaux 2001 tasting which as it all shows in the title, seven Bordeaux reds from seven different regions (St=Estephe, Pouillac, St. Julian, Margaux, Pessacx-Leognan, St=Emilion, Pomerol), but still vintage with 2001.
2000 is known for great Bordeaux year while 2001 is 'cute' according to the organiser of this tasting event.


Those I have tasted are:


  1. Chateau Picard (St=Estephe),
  2. Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste (Pauillac)
  3. Sarget de Gruaud-Larose (St. Julian)
  4. Chateau d'Angludet (Margaux)
  5. Chateau Haut-Bailly (Pessacx-Leognan)
  6. Chateau Belair (St=Emilion)
  7. Chateau Rouget (Pomerol)
We did blind at the beginning and I only did correct for 1, 4 and 5 ;)
1 is a cheap option (retail price at GBP14.99) and that's why it has been easily recognised, I would have to say it is not worth buying...
2,5,6 are wines that I would choose as good wines, while my favourite is still Margaux as a region.

Among those 7 is extraordinary different, with strong mushroom, leather, animal like nose that nobody has raised hand as a favourite (as well as 1);)

Once again, I did study a bit more about Bordeaux wines and are fascinated a bit more... I like those new world wines as well as the old world, while French wines are really the basic yet classy which other part of world can not copy!!! Love that!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment