9.12.12

My favourite pub

How long I have not been to this fabulous pub... just because it is not possible to visit there with public transport, it is far out of London, in a mid of nowhere;)

This visit assures me of nominating a best bub in the UK!
Dishes are now even better when compared to several years ago.

I used to visit there often when I was living in the vicinity in Hertfordshire, just a bit North of M25.
It was in Tuesday afternoon, the TUESDAY lunch time and the place is still packed with local people, I would have to repeat that it can only be reached after driving very narrow roads of countryside, no buildings are around and the forest of Ashridge is just ahead, and still people are coming to eat and drink!


When in a pub in a country side, we have to start with a local ales...
The guy at the bar counter kindly let us try those three ales, and,















I have chosen this,


and then, a Scotch egg to start the lunch.
It was unexpectedly a cold dish, anyways, a perfect match between sour pickled veggies and the Scotch egg with a nice presentation of the plate.


I picked: slow roasted breast of lamb (unfamiliar with a naming of the part 'breast' of lamb), ummm, yammy! everything is just perfectly cooked! Veggies are the real ones..


My friend picked pheasant,
This was also just superb, poultry dishes are often cooked dry, but not with this place.

Regrettably, the photo of dessert is missing while I have enjoyed also a rather tasting sophisticated (more smooth and less sugary) banana sticky toffee pudding.

Such a wonderful Tuesday afternoon I have had with nice weather:)





No comments:

Post a Comment