6.1.13

GDR

What does it stand for? - Galette des rois.

Yes, I have made it this year after all!

Starting from making the Pate feuillette (puff pastry), I hesitate to make this because of this process..., if you want to make from this stage, it is time constraining.
I successfully made it with no butter leaking out of the dough, nor air bubbles inside:)  maybe because no pressures (mentally), nor rush..

I have also made a sweetened Aduki bean paste to include together with creme d'almond in the GDR.
It is a main ingredients of those Japanese sweets while there are no such culture in Europe that beans are sweetened that some of you may feel odd with it.

The read bean paste has been included in the puff pastry together with the creme d'almond (almond cream).
..........
........I don't know what is going on with blogger.com, I just can't upload photos from 'my computer'!

Although it may be disturbing you with lots of unfamiliar letters, please view those photos from my another blog in Japanese language


As my tiny gas oven is very difficult to deal with temperature control, the outer edge become being burnt when I wait till the centre being baked well...
Wish I could move to a place where there is a fan assisted oven big enough to bake cakes properly;)

I will try to upload photos when the issue on this blogging engine has been fixed...(or is it my pc issue???)

Thank you for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment