21.10.12

Bordeaux's two of five finest chateaus

Recently I have joined a secret wine tasting club (when it is said 'secret', I can't tell any details of the club...), which I can have a varieties of fine wines.
I have attended the second one a few days ago and tasted already TWO of the wines from Bordeaux's finest chateau's:

Chateau Mouton Rothchild (1997)
Chateau Margaux (1988)


 
My impression first of all is that those top rated wines are needless to say different!!!  (first time for me to try those)

Among these two, I like C. Margaux more, with its so much complex it has, the aromas is even closer to floral perfumes or bouquet and with very high tannin, the colour is with very dark garnet, the nose is again floral yet also cherries, and other dark colour berries aromas with a scent of something not edible;) -I can't express, sorry for the lack of experience or the expression..

Anyways, the common features of these wines are still young and powerful when they are already over 15-25 years of age!!, I am sure I can't tell that these are indeed when it is served blind.

By trying those, I just start to wonder what sort of vineyard it is grown from, what those grapes look like no matter which stage they are growing, the climate, the condition of the soils, the geography, and so on and so on.... or even start to doubt these are really made of grapes and going through the usual method of making wines??? (I'm sure they are...), well it really does have the difference!!!

I am spoiled already;)

No comments:

Post a Comment